2005 – 2009, Ph.D., Department of Physics, University of Basel, Switzerland
2010 – 2014, Postdoc, School of Engineering, EPFL, Switzerland2015 – Present, Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Beijing Jiaotong
Songmei Wu received her M.Sc. degree in materials science and engineering at the University of Kiel, Germany, in 2005. She worked on molecular electronics and received her Ph.D. in nanoscience at the University of Basel, Switzerland, 2009. During 2010–2014, she was a research scientist at EPFL. Currently she is an Associate Professor at the Beijing Jiaotong University, China. She is interested in physics and chemistry of nanostructured materials, and their potential applications for optical and biomedical systems.
Material Physics and Chemistry
Micro-/ nano- optoelectronic devices and technology
Fabrication and physical antibacterial activity of nanostructured surfaces.
National Natural Science Foundation of China, 2016-2019.
Introductory Spectroscopy & Structure
- Wu S,*∥ Altenried S,∥ Zogg A, Zuber F, Maniura-Weber K, and Ren Q*, Role of the Surface Nanoscale Roughness of Stainless Steel on Bacterial Adhesion and Microcolony Formation, ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 6456−6464.
- Wu S,* Zuber F, Maniura‑Weber K, Brugger J and Ren Q*, Nanostructured surface topographies have an effect on bactericidal activity, Journal of Nanobiotechnology, 2018 16:20.
- Wu S,* Zuber F, Brugger J, Maniura-Weber K, Ren Q*, Antibacterial Au nanostructured surfaces, Nanoscale, 2016, 8, 2620-2625.
- Wu S,* Ye W, Yang M, Taghipoor M, Meissner R, Brugger J, Renaud P, Impedance sensing of DNA immobilization and hybridization by microfabricated alumina nanopore membranes, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, 2015, 216, 105-112.
- Wu S,* Braschler T, Anker R, Wildhaber F, Bertsch A, Brugger J, Renaud P, Composite hydrogel-loaded alumina membranes for nanofluidic molecular filtration, Journal of Membrane Science, 2015, 477, 151-156.
- Wu S,* Wildhaber F, Bertsch A, Brugger J, Renaud P, Field effect modulated nanofluidic diode membranes based on Al2O3/W nanopore arrays, Applied Physics Letters, 2013, 102, 1-4.
- Wu S,* Wildhaber F, Vazquez-Mena O, Bertsch A, Brugger J, Renaud P, Facile fabrication of nanofluidic diode membranes using anodic aluminum oxide, Nanoscale, 2012, 4, 5718-5723.
- Wu S, González MT, Huber R, Grunder S, Mayor M*, Schönenberger C, Calame M*, Molecular junctions based on aromatic coupling, Nature Nanotechnology, 2008, 3, 569-574.