Sheng Liang received the Ph.D. degree in precision instrument and machinery from Beihang University, Beijing, China, in 2011.
He worked at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, from 2007~2008, funded by the China Scholarship Council.
Sheng Liang is currently an Associate Professor with the Department of Physics, School of Science, Beijing Jiaotong University, Beijing.
Intelligent Photonics: Artificial intelligence to solve the optical problems. Teach artificial intelligence to learn Optics.
Special optical fibers based on the deep learning.
Intelligent fiber-optic sensors based on deep learning.
The artificial intelligence aided diagnosis of medical images.
- Investigation on polarization maintaining disordered micro-structured fiber and sensing coil for space division multiplexed ultra-high precision fiber-optic gyroscope, Beijing Natural Science Foundation, 01-01-2019—On-going, 4192047, Amount of funding: 200,000 [RMB].
- Investigation on fine-diameter polarization-maintaining micro-structure fiber and sensing coil for high precision, miniaturization and anti-radiation fiber-optic gyroscope, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 01-01-2017—31-12-2020, Project ID: 61675019, Amount of funding: 600,000 [RMB].
- Investigation on the Mechanism and Elimination of the Optical Aberration of Time Lens, Source of funding: National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), 01-01-2013—31-12-2015, Project ID: 61205074, Amount of funding: 200,000 [RMB].
Physical experiments (for the undergraduate students)
Introduction to Physics (for the undergraduate students)Design of the High-speed Optoelectronic circuits (for the graduate students)
- Jinmin Ding, Fanchao Meng, Xiaoting Zhao, Lvyun Yang, Xin Wang, Shuqin Lou, Xinzhi Sheng, Ryszard Buczyński, Guangming Tao, and Sheng Liang, "Refractive-index guiding single crystal optical fiber with air–solid cladding," Opt. Mater. Express 11, 2994-3006 (2021)
- Fanchao Meng, Xiaoting Zhao, Jinmin Ding, Yingli Niu, Xinghua Zhang, Mateusz Smietana, Ryszard Buczynski, Bo Lin, Guangming Tao, Luyun Yang, Xin Wang, shuqin lou, xinzhi sheng, and Sheng Liang, “Use of Machine Learning to Efficiently Predict the Confinement Loss in Anti-Resonant Hollow-Core Fiber,” Optics Letters, vol. 46, No. 6, pp. 1454-1457, 2021.
- Wang Xin, Zhang Ailun, Liang Sheng, Lou Shuqin, “Event identification of a phase-sensitive OTDR sensing system based on principal component analysis and probabilistic neural network,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 114, 2021.
- D. Li, S. Lou, Q. Xin, S. Liang and X. Sheng, “SNR Enhancement of Far-End Disturbances on Distributed Sensor Based on Phase-Sensitive Optical Time-Domain Reflectometry,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 21, no. 2, pp. 1957-1964, 2021.
- H. Jia, S. Lou, S. Liang and X. Sheng, “Event Identification by F-ELM Model for φ-OTDR Fiber-Optic Distributed Disturbance Sensor,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 1297-1305, 2020.
- Wang Zhandong, Lou Shuqin, Wang Xin, Liang Sheng, Sheng Xinzhi, “Multi-branch long short-time memory convolution neural network for event identification in fiber-optic distributed disturbance sensor based on φ-OTDR,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 109, 2020.
- Z. Wang, S. Lou, S. Liang and X. Sheng, “Multi-Class Disturbance Events Recognition Based on EMD and XGBoost in φ-OTDR,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 63551-63558, 2020.
- Sheng Liang, Xiaoting Zhao, Ruijun Liu, Xiaodong Zhang, Liang Wang, Xinghua Zhang, Yisheng Lv, and Fanchao Meng, “Fiber-Optic Auditory Nerve of Ground in the Suburb: For Traffic Flow Monitoring,” IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 166704-166710, 2019.
- H. Jia, S. Liang, S. Lou and X. Sheng, “A k -Nearest Neighbor Algorithm-Based Near Category Support Vector Machine Method for Event Identification of φ -OTDR,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 10, pp. 3683-3689, 2019.
- Sheng Liang, Yongxin Zhang, Xingyu Zhang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Xin Wang, Bo Lin, Mingli Dong, Lianqing Zhu, Jueting Luo, Rui Peng, Liuyan Liang, Yuqin Lin, Jinli Wang, Yue Yang, Shuai Kang, Yuelang Huang, Jiazheng Ding, Wenxuan Xu, Fuxiao Li, “Role of Structural Anisotropy in Geometric Birefringence of High-birefringence Index-Guiding PCFs: Analysis by Moment of Inertia,” Optical and Quantum Electronics, 51:12, 2019.
- Xiaohe Li, Sheng Liang, Yongxin Zhang, Qianqing Yu, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Xin Wang, Wan Zhang, Mingli Dong, and Lianqing Zhu, "Novel refractive index sensor based on fiber bragg grating in nano‑bore optical fiber," Optical and Quantum Electronics, 51:117, 2019.
- Sheng Liang, Yue Yang, Shuai Kang, Yongxin Zhang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Xin Wang, Wan Zhang, and Tongtong Zhao, “Influences of Asymmetrical Geometric Structures on the Birefringence of Index-Guiding Photonic Crystal Fiber,” Optik, vol. 180, pp. 973-983, 2019.
- Y. Wu, S. Liang, S. Lou and X. Sheng, “An Interrogation Method to Enhance SNR for Far-End Disturbances in Fiber-Optic Distributed Disturbance Sensor Based on φ-OTDR,” IEEE Sensors Journal, vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 1064-1072, 2019.
- M. Wang, S. Liang and S. Lou, “A Tunable Repetition Rate Multiplier for Optical Phase Code Sequences,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 30, no. 22, pp. 1968-1971, 15 Nov.15, 2018.
- Sheng Liang, Swee Chuan Tjin, Bo Lin, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Yongxin Zhang, and Xin Wang, “Novel Fiber Bragg Grating Sensing Method Based on the Sidelobe-Modulation for Ultrasound Detection,” Journal of Lightwave Technology, Vol. 37, No. 11, pp. 2686-2693, June 1, 2019.
- Wang Xin, Liu Yong, Liang Sheng, Zhang Wan, Lou Shuqin, “Event identification based on random forest classifier for φ-OTDR fiber-optic distributed disturbance sensor,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 97, pp. 319-325, 2019.
- Sheng Liang, Yongxin Zhang, Xin Wang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Bo Lin, Mingli Dong, Lianqing Zhu, “Surface Brillouin Scattering in Disordered Optical Fibers with Transverse Anderson Localization Guiding Mechanism for Evaluation of Longitudinal Structural Fluctuations,” IEEE PHOTONICS JOURNAL, vol. 10, No. 1, 7101108, February 2018.
- M. Wang, S. Liang and S. Lou, “A Tunable Repetition Rate Multiplier for Optical Phase Code Sequences,” IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, vol. 30, no. 22, pp. 1968-1971, 2018.
- Sheng Liang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Xin Wang, “Surface Brillouin scattering in transverse Anderson localization disordered optical fibers,” 2017 Opto-Electronics and Communications Conference (OECC) and Photonics Global Conference (PGC), p 4 pp., 2017
- Sheng Liang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Yan Feng, Kangning Zhang, “Combination of Phase-sensitive OTDR and Michelson Interferometer for Nuisance Alarm Rate Reducing and Event Identification,” IEEE Photonics Journal, Volume 8, Number 2, April 2016, 6802112.
- Sheng Liang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, “Experimental investigation on lower nuisance alarm rate phase-sensitive OTDR using the combination of a Mach–Zehnder interferometer,” Infrared Physics & Technology, Volume 75, pp. 117–123, March, 2016.
- Wang Xin, Lou Shuqin, Sheng Xinzhi, Liang Sheng, “Simultaneous measurement of torsion, strain and temperature using a side-leakage photonic crystal fiber loop mirror,” Infrared Physics and Technology, vol. 76, pp. 603-607, 2016.
- Sheng Liang, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, Peng Wang, Yan Zhang, “Novel Lissajous figure based location method for fiber-optic distributed disturbance sensor,” Optik, Volume 126, Issue 23, December 2015, Pages 4362-4366.
- 梁生，刘腾飞，盛新志，娄淑琴，张克，王鹏，张颜，刘子豪，张康宁，段紫雯，邢逸舟, 基于空间域差分的φ-OTDR光纤分布式扰动传感器定位方法研究,红外与激光工程，2016，vol 45, No. 6, pp. 0622005.
- 梁生,王向凯,刘子豪,盛新志,王颖,娄淑琴. 时间透镜的原理、应用以及性能和发展(英文)[J]. 红外与激光工程,2014,09:2970-2980.
- Sheng Liang, Xinzhi Sheng, Limei Zhang, Bin Cao, Computer-Assisted Percutaneous Renal Access Using Intraoperative Ultrasonography, Applied Mechanics and Materials, vol. 347-350, pp. 1022-1027, 2013.
- 梁生,盛新志,娄淑琴,陈京惠,董宏辉. 基于Lissajous图形的光纤分布式扰动传感器定位方法[J]. 红外与激光工程,2013,07:1896-1901.
- Sheng Liang, Zihao Liu, Xinzhi Sheng, Shuqin Lou, and Xiangkai Wang, Investigation on the Influences of Fiber Link and Laser Source on Performances of RoF Transmission with WiMAX for 16 QAM. Proc. SPIE 9233, International Symposium on Photonics and Optoelectronics 2014, 92330Y.
- 陈京惠,娄淑琴,梁生,王思远,盛新志,董宏辉. 基于李萨如图的光纤分布式传感系统定位方法[J]. 光电子.激光,2014,04:730-734.
- 李勤,张春熹,李立京,梁生,钟翔,李传生. 调制器消光比对光纤分布式扰动传感器的影响[J]. 光电子.激光,2014,04:631-636.
- 钟翔,张春熹,林文台,梁生. 基于小波变换的光纤周界定位系统[J]. 北京航空航天大学学报,2013,03:396-400.
- 王思远,娄淑琴,梁生,陈京惠. M-Z干涉仪型光纤分布式扰动传感系统模式识别方法[J]. 红外与激光工程,2014,08:2613-2618.
- 林文台,张春熹,李立京,梁生,钟翔,李勤,冯秀娟. 基于通信光缆的光纤油气管线预警系统[J]. 测试技术学报,2012,02:179-184.
- 林文台,娄淑琴,梁生. 基于新型相位载波调制解调技术的双M-Z光纤振动传感器[J]. 测试技术学报,2014,03:237-242.
- 张春熹,李勤,李立京,梁生,钟翔. 基于Sagnac组合型干涉仪的光纤分布式扰动传感器(英文)[J]. 红外与激光工程,2014,10:3378-3382.
- Sheng Liang, Chunxi Zhang, Wentai Lin, Lijing Li, Chen Li, Xiujuan Feng and Bo Lin, “Fiber-optic Intrinsic Distributed Acoustic Emission Sensor for Large Structure Health Monitoring,” Optics Letters, 34, pp. 1858-1860, (2009).
- Sheng Liang, Chunxi Zhang, Bo Lin, Wentai Lin, Qin Li, Xiang Zhong and Lijing Li, “Influences of Semiconductor Laser on Mach-Zehnder Interferometer Based Fiber-optic Distributed Disturbance Sensor,” Chinese Physics B, 19 (12), pp. 124217 (2010).
- Chunxi Zhang, Sheng Liang, Xiujuan Feng, Wentai Lin, Chen Li, Qin Li, Xiang Zhong, LijingLi, “Spectrums and Influences of Rayleigh and stimulated Brillouin scattering on fiber-optic distributed disturbance sensor,” Spectroscopy and Spectral Analysis, vol.31, No. 7, pp. 1862-1867 (2011).
- Sheng Liang, Swee Chuan Tjin, Nam Quoc Ngo, Chunxi Zhang, Lijing Li, “Novel tunable fiber-optic edge filter based on modulating the chirp rate of a π-phase-shifted fiber Bragg grating in transmission,” Optics Communications, 282, pp. 1363-1369, (2009).
- Sheng Liang, Swee Chuan Tjin, Nam Quoc Ngo, Zhengqian Luo, Yingsong Wang, Changyong Tian, “Novel Tunable Fiber Optic Edge Filter Based on Modulating Chirp Rate of π-Phase-Shifted Fiber Bragg Grating,” Photonics Global @ Singapore, 2008. IPGC 2008. IEEE 8-11, pp. 1-4, (Dec. 2008).
- Zhong Xiang, Zhang Chunxi, Lin Wentai, Liang Sheng, “Fiber-optic perimeter location system based on wavelet transformation, Journal of Beijing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics,” vol. 39, No.3, pp. 396-400, 2013.
- Chunxi Zhang, Xiujuan Feng, Sheng Liang, Chaoyang Zhang, Chuansheng Li, “Quasi-reciprocal reflective optical voltage sensor based on Pockels effect with digital closed-loop detection technique,” Optics Communications, 283, pp. 3878–3883, (2010).
- Wenyuan Xu, Chunxi Zhang, Sheng Liang, Lijing Li, Wentai Lin, Yusheng Yang, “Fiber-optic Distributed Sensor Based on a Sagnac Interferometer with a Time Delay Loop for Detecting Time-varying Disturbance,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters. 51, pp. 2564-2567, (2009).
- Xiujuan Feng, Chunxi Zhang, Sheng Liang, Chuansheng Li, Chaoyang Zhang, “A novel digital active homodyne demodulation scheme based on square wave phase modulation for interferometric fiber-optic sensors,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, 53, pp. 20-23, (2011).
- Li Lijing, Feng Xiujuan, Li Hui, Zhang Chunxi, Liang Sheng, Li Chuansheng, “A novel interferometric fiber-optic magnetometer with double digital closed-loop detection scheme,” proceeding of 2011International Conference on Electronics and Optoelectronics, Proceedings, 4, pp. 4304-4307, (2011)
- Lin Wentai, Zhang Chunxi, Li Lijing, Liang, Sheng, Li Qin, Zhong Xiang, “Novel fiber-opticdistributed disturbance sensor using a modified phase generation carrier technique,” Advanced Materials Research, 282-283, pp. 697-701, (2011)
- Zhang Chunxi, Li Qin, Liang Sheng, Lin Wentai, Li Lijing, Zhong Xiang, “Location algorithm for multi-disturbances in fiber-optic distributed disturbance sensor using a Mach-Zehnder interferometer,” Proc. 9th International Conference on Optical Communications and Networks, ICOCN 2010,pp. 103-107, (2010)
- Xu Wenyuan, Liang Sheng, Li Lijing, “Nonlinear fiber-optic Sagnac interferometer based all-optical logic gate,” IET Conference Publications, v 2010, n 574 CP, p 218-221, 2010, 9th International Conference on Optical Communications and Networks, ICOCN 2010
- Bo Lin, Swee Chuan Tjin, Nam Quoc Ngo, Yufeng Song, Sheng Liang, Li Xia, and Meng Jiang, “Analysis of inverse-Gaussian apodized fiber Bragg grating,” Applied Optics, 49, pp. 4715-4722, (2010).
- Bo Lin, Han Zhang, Swee Chuan Tjin, Dingyuan Tang, Jianzhong Hao, Chia Meng Tay, and Sheng Liang, “Inverse-Gaussian apodized fiber Bragg grating for dual-wavelength lasing,” Applied Optics, 49, pp. 1373-1377, (2010).
- Lin, Bo, Tjin, Swee Chuan; Zhang, Han; Tang, Dingyuan; Liang, Sheng; Hao, Jianzhong; Dong, Bo, “Dual-wavelength single-longitudinal-mode erbium-doped fiber laser based on inverse-Gaussian apodized fiber Bragg grating and its application in microwave generation,” Optical Fiber Technology,17, pp. 120-123, (2011)
- Lin Bo, Tjin Swee Chuan, Zhang Han, Tang Dingyuan, Liang Sheng, Hao Jianzhong, Dong Bo, “Inverse-Gaussian apodized fiber Bragg grating for microwave generation,” 2010 Photonics Global Conference, PGC 2010, 2010,2010 Photonics Global Conference, PGC 2010