1. September 1999-June 2002 Tianjin University Ph.D Major: Material Physics and Chemistry
2.September 1996-June 1999 Hebei Normal University Master of Science Major: Condensed Matter Physics
3.September 1992-June 1996 Hebei Normal University Bachelor of Science Major: Physics
I obtained a doctorate in material physics and chemistry from Tianjin University in July 2002,. Now I teaches in the Department of physics of the school of science of Beijing Jiaotong University, focusing on "College Physics" and "College Physics Experiment". I am mainly engaged in the first principle calculation of the structure, properties and applications of low dimensional nanostructures and their assembly materials.
Atomic Clusters: Equilibrium geometries, electronic structure, magnetism and energetics of neutral and charged clusters, compound clusters and cluster assemblies.
Collage Physics; College Physics Experiment.
1.Hongmin Zhao, Jian Zhou, Hong Fang and Puru Jena,From Halogen to Superhalogen Behavior of Organic Molecules Created by Functionalizing Benzene, Chemphyschem,vol17(1),184-189,2016.
2. Hongmin Zhao, Jian Zhou, Puru Jena,Substituent-Stabilized Organic Dianions in the Gas Phase and Their Potential Use as Electrolytes in Lithium-Ion Batteries, Chemphyschem,vol17(17),1-7,2016.
3. Hongmin Zhao, Jian Zhou, Puru Jena,Stability of B12(CN)122：Implications for Lithium and Magnesium Ion Batteries, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., vol55(11),3704-3708.2016.
4. Hongmin Zhao, XiaLin, YaweiLi, QianWang and Puru Jena, Structural, electronic and magnetic properties of neutral and anionic Fe2(BO2)n(n =1–3) clusters, Physicas Letters A 378 2959–2964, 2014.
5. Hongmin Zhao, Miaomiao Wu, Qian Wang and Puru Jena. Effects of charging and doping on orbital hybridizations and distributions in TiO2 clusters. Physica B Vol.406(22), P4322-P4326, 2011.
6. Yuan Feng, Hongguang Xu, Weijun Zheng, Hongmin Zhao, Anil K Kandalam and Puru Jena. Structures and photoelectron spectroscopy of Cu n (BO2)-m(n,m=1,2) clusters: Observation of hyperhalogen behavior. The Journal of Chemical Physics, Vol.134, 094309, 2011.
7. Sa Li, Hongmin Zhao and Puru Jena. Ti-doped nano-porous graphene: A material for hydrogen storage and sensor. Frontiers of Physics, Vol6(2), P204-P208, 2011.